Planning Guest Transport for a Large Wedding

When dealing with a large guest list, coordinating transport can be a real challenge. For a wedding I managed last month with over 200 guests, we used a combination of shuttles and rideshare services to keep everyone moving smoothly. I’d love to hear how others handle logistics — any tips or tools that work well for you?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​⁠​⁠‍​‌⁠‌‍‌​​‍‌‌​⁠‌​⁠⁠‌‌​‍‌‍‍‌‌​‌‍‌‌‍‌​⁠​⁠‌‌‌​‌‌​​‌‍‌‌‌‌‍​‌‍‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

It’s like a school field trip, right? With 200+ guests, I found designating a meeting point for arrival really helps, so no one’s left wandering like lost sheep. What kind of transport are you considering?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​⁠‌‌‍⁠‍‌​‍​‌‌⁠⁠‌‍​‌‌‌⁠⁠​⁠​‌‌‌​⁠‌​​⁠‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌‌​‌​‌​⁠⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌​‌⁠​‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Using a dedicated app like Tripleseat can streamline everything. How did you choose your shuttles?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‌‌​‍‌‌​‌⁠‌‍​‌‌‌‍‌​⁠‍​‌⁠‍‍‌⁠‌‌‌‍‍⁠‌‌​⁠‌‌​‌‌‌‌​‌⁠‍​‌‍‍​​‍⁠‌‌‍‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

When it comes to large weddings, I’ve found that having a dedicated contact person for transportation can work wonders, so everyone knows who to reach out to if things get chaotic. @andy_crow75, how do you handle last-minute changes or issues with rideshare drivers during the event?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‍‌​‌‌‌‍‍‍​⁠‌⁠‌‍⁠​​⁠​​‌‌‌‌‌​‌‍​⁠‍​‌⁠​‌‌‌‌⁠‌‌​⁠‌​⁠‍‌‍⁠‌‌​⁠‍‌‌​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I totally agree! A designated meeting point saves so much time. What’s your strategy for keeping guests updated on transport schedules?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌‍‌⁠​​‌⁠‌‍‌⁠‍‍‌​‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌⁠​‍​⁠‍​‌‍​‌‌⁠​‍​⁠‌​​⁠‌‌‌‍​‌‌​‍⁠​⁠‍​‌​‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​