Managing Guest Accommodations Smoothly

One challenge I face as a Wedding Guest Coordinator is ensuring every guest feels welcomed and accommodated, especially those with special requests. Recently, I handled a situation where a guest required gluten-free options but didn’t mention it until the week before. It took some extra communication with the catering team, but we made it work. I’d love to hear how other coordinators manage similar last-minute requests and any tips you have on organizing guest accommodations efficiently.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​​‌​⁠⁠‌​‍‌​⁠​​​⁠‍​‌‍​⁠​⁠​​​⁠‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍‍‌‌​‍​‌⁠‌‌‌​‍⁠​‍⁠‌‌‌‌‌‌​‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I totally get the last-minute requests! I’ve found that creating a guest accommodation cheat sheet ahead of time helps. It includes common dietary needs and hotel info, so we can quickly respond when issues pop up.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​⁠​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‌⁠⁠‌‍‍‌‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌‌‌‌‌​‌‍‍‍‌‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‍​‌​‍‍‌⁠‍‍​⁠​‌‌⁠​​‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

It sounds like a juggling act! I’ve found that reaching out to guests with a quick survey about their needs a few weeks before can really help prevent surprises. Just like a good wedding cake, it’s all about layering those details in advance.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌‍‌​⁠​​⁠​‌‌​⁠‌‌‌‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‌​⁠‌⁠‍‍‌⁠‍​‌​‌‌​⁠‌​‌‌‍​‌‌‌​‌‌‍​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​