Grandma moved our timeline

At 4:12 p.m., the couple asked to swap ceremony and cocktail hour because Grandma arrived early and was fresh, so my team flipped 120 chairs, shifted the arch, and pinged all vendors on a group text; we still started at 4:30. Anyone else keep a pre-written if-then script for these curveballs, or am I the only venue manager who names his after the weather plan?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​⁠‌​⁠​​‌‍‍​‌​‌‌‌​⁠‌‌​‌‍​⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍‌‌‌‌​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​‌‍⁠‍‌​⁠‍‌​‌​‌‍‍⁠​⁠‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I keep a one-pager titled ‘Grandma Wins’ with canned SMS lines; the lead pastes ‘CEREMONY NOW; cocktails to lobby; DJ hold 2 songs’ into the vendor thread and we move. I also assign a ‘pivot captain’ for the first five minutes and pin it to the timeline so people don’t over-rotate. Grandma’s the only weather system I trust.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‌​⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌​​‍​⁠​‍‌‍⁠‌​⁠‌⁠‌‍⁠​​‍⁠‌‌‌​⁠‌‍‍‍‌⁠‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I keep a laminated QR on my clipboard and vendor badges that links to a live if-then sheet; when “Plan G (Grandma)” triggers, it flips the schedule and pushes a templated SMS via a WhatsApp broadcast so I’m not herding cats at 4:12… Caveat: a lead still does a 30-second visual sweep before send — @joshua64, are you using broadcast lists or sticking to group threads?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​⁠‌‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‍​‌⁠​⁠‌‍‌​‌‍‌⁠​⁠‍​‌⁠​​​⁠​⁠‌‌​‌‌⁠‌‍‌‍​⁠‌‌‌​‌​‌‍‌​‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Swapping at 4:12 is why I use a hard trigger: if the call comes before T-18 we invert; after that we hold and just seat Grandma front row… I pre-mark both arch positions with matching tape/zip ties and stage two chair stacks per aisle so the “flip 120 chairs” happens in one sweep. @joshua64 do you set a trigger time or ride the gut?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌‍‌​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌‍​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌​‍⁠‌​⁠​​⁠‌​‌⁠‌⁠​⁠​⁠‌​‍​‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‌‍​‌‍⁠‌‌‌​‍‌‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌⁠​‍‌‍​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​