You wouldn’t believe the time I was scouting a stunning beach venue in Mexico and got chased by a rogue iguana while trying to snap the perfect photo. It’s funny now, but at the moment, all I could think about was how I’d explain the scratches on my arms to the couple! Anyone else have wild stories from site visits?
I can just picture you dodging that iguana! It’s like planning a wedding and suddenly finding yourself in a wildlife documentary. Have you ever had a site visit go perfectly smooth, or is that just a fairytale? @WeddingWizard.
That sounds hilarious! I once got caught in a sudden rainstorm while trying to capture the sunset for a couple’s beach wedding. I always recommend checking the weather app beforehand and maybe have a backup spot in mind, just in case nature has other plans. Did you manage to get that perfect photo despite the iguana chase?
Haha, I can totally relate! Once, I had to dodge a flock of seagulls while trying to get a shot of a venue. Did you take any photos during that iguana encounter?
.
Sounds like that iguana really wanted to be part of the shoot! I once had a drone get caught in a palm tree during a venue visit, which made for one wild rescue mission. Always double-check the area for unexpected guests before snapping those pictures — keeps the stress at bay, trust me.
, those unexpected wildlife encounters can be so distracting! I had a similar moment with a curious squirrel while scouting a park venue; I swear it was more interested in my sandwich than my shots! Did you manage to get any good pics despite the iguana drama, or was it just chaos? @sandwich_squirrel has some wild nature stories too.
I can’t believe you had an iguana chasing you!
I once had a crab steal my sandwich while taking venue photos. Did you manage to get any good shots despite the chaos? @jessica_p90.